TL;DR: The Water Coolest is the curated clusterf*ck of business, career and personal finance news that’s going to make you marginally more intelligent among your peers.
1. “You want fries with that?” (Andrew Puzder Withdraws From Consideration as Labor Secretary via NYT)
- Andrew F. Puzder withdrew his nomination to be labor secretary on Wednesday as Republican senators turned sharply against him
- Democrats had been attacking Mr. Puzder’s business record and his character since he was chosen in December and Republicans weren’t cool with the alleged abuse against his ex-wife
- Did I mention he was CEO of Hardees?
2. Now you can invest in douche bags. (Coat maker Canada Goose files for an IPO via CNN)
- The company will list on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker “GOOS.”
- Canada Goose said it had revenue of $290.8 million and net income of $26.5 million.
3. You’re not the only one who can’t get a job at Google. (A 7-year-old girl asked Google for a job and got a personal response from CEO Sundar Pichai via Business Insider)
- Chloe Bridgewater, who lives in Hereford, England, applied for a job at Google via a cute letter
- Google, Sundar Pichai, who encouraged her to follow her dreams: “I look forward to receiving your job application when you are finished with school! :)”
4. Companies you’ll never work at. (Announcing the 2017 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies via Fast Company)
- The 10th edition of Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking.
- Amazon is #1