TL;DR: The Water Coolest is the curated clusterf*ck of business, career and personal finance news that’s going to make you marginally more intelligent among your peers.
1. The Donald aired his grievances.
- Trump was mad as hell …
- He was mad at the “out of control” press. He was livid at the “criminal leaks” that led to the resignation of Michael Flynn. He ranted about the “fake news” overshadowing all his tremendous accomplishments.
2. “They took our jobs!” (Facebook’s new job opening posts poach business from LinkedIn via Tech Crunch)
- Facebook has a new job posting feature
- In unrelated news, Entry Revel has a job posting for a business/pop culture blogger …
3. Sooo apparently yesterday was #ADayWithoutImmigrants? (McDonald’s chains shutter across US in support of ‘A Day Without Immigrants’ protest via CNBC)
- If it doesn’t have a facebook filter did it really happen?
4. I hate to burst your bubble … (Alphabet Scraps Plan to Blanket Globe With Internet Balloons via Bloomberg)
- In 2013, Google ran its first tests for Project Loon, an ambitious effort to circulate broadband-emitting (WiFi) balloons across the globe
- On Thursday, the company said that’s not necessary anymore
5. “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” (How to Nail the Most Annoying Interview Question Ever via Fast Company)
- How to answer the worst question since, what are your top 3 weaknesses