The Water Coolest is the curated clusterf*ck of business, career and personal finance news that’s going to make you marginally more intelligent among your peers.
1. People are losing their shit over Betsy Devos appointment as Secretary of Education. (Betsy DeVos Confirmed as Education Secretary; Pence Breaks Tie on NYT)
2. Barack Obama seems to be enjoying retirement. (Watch Obama Beat Richard Branson in a Kitesurfing Challenge on Hollywood Reporter)
3. “There’s no crying at Facebook!” Seriously Debbie Downer stay at home if a relative died. (Facebook doubles down on bereavement leave on CNN)
4. ISIS fighters have more sick days than you apparently. (Sicknote ISIS soldiers — how militants refused to fight in Mosul because of headaches and back pain on BI)
5. Could this mean less commercials during Lizzie McGuire reruns? (Disney’s CEO says there are too many ads on TV — and lays out ESPN’s plan for the future on BI)
6. Spotify sold their soul to the devil. (Spotify needs to face the music on Bloomberg)
7. Oh and in case you were wondering The Rock of WWE fame now holds a world record for creating the world’s largest 7 layer dip. You can’t make this shit up. (The Rock Just Broke A World Record With 7-Layer Dip on R29)